Re: [sumo-user] Question on Pedestrian detection

There is a tutorial for exactly this:http://sumo.dlr.de/wiki/Tutorials/TraCIPedCrossing

Dear SUMO Users

I have a question on pedestrian detection (Push-button in front of crossing).

For my simulation, I want to change pedestrian signals based on detection of pedestrian in front of crossing. However, with induction loop (E1 detector), it is not possible because of detector characteristics (Size and detection info). Some pedestrians stop to cross and others keep walking to other directions, then E1 detector could detect both.
So I am thinking that I may use Traci code (Person - getwaitingtime etc).

I wonder if in SUMO, it is any way to detect pedestrian demand for crossing such as push-button in reality.

I am looking forward to your reply. Thank you for your time in advance.

Best regards,
 Sunghyun Jang