[sumo-user] installing SUMO on mac and use NETEDIT

Hi SUMO community,

I'm using SUMO studying traffic optimization on a Mac computer. After analyzing a simple one-junction "network", I want to design some more complex ones, which requires NETEDIT.

I downloaded the package of sumo-0.32.0, put it in Downloads, extracted and specified the SUMO_HOME folder to be there; then the TraCI can work and I can execute the GUI. So I guess technically I did not "install" as suggested onĀ http://sumo.dlr.de/wiki/Installing, but SUMO is working in my case.

Now I want to use NETEDIT, but there are only two files there in the /SUMO_HOME/bin folder. So I was wondering where I can start the NETEDIT?

And possibly can anyone point out what a standard installation procedure should be besidesĀ http://sumo.dlr.de/wiki/Installing? I cannot find where SUMO is installed when I used
sudo port install sumo

Screen Shot 2018-07-18 at 9.48.19 AM.png

Back to the top