Re: [sumo-user] Appropriate values for jmTimegapMinor

Yes and No.
- a) and c) are computed from context values. ( Please excuse the typo)
- d) does refer to the gap between the merging vehicle C and the second vehicle on the main flow B (Please exuse the typo)

- b) really does refer to the minimum time gap between the leading vehicle on the main flow (A) and the merging vehicle (C). This only ever plays a role if vehicle A is driving very slowly

The difference between the necessary gap for the first vehicle (Grenzzeitlücke) and the following vehicles to merge (Folgezeitlücke) is included into the computation of c) because the follower vehicle can pass the conflicht section with higher average speed.
The degree to which this makes a difference depends also on the 'visibilityDistance' attribute of the connection.
By default, vehicles will only have clear visibilty of foe traffic at a distance of 4.5m before the stop line which will make them slow down before that point. If you increase the value, you will see less slow down by merging follower vehicles and thus reduced 'Folgezeitlücke'.

regards,
Jakob

Hi Jakob,

thank you for your answer, but Im afraid, that I dont quite understand this attribute still. I might be wrong, but could it be, that the letters you used (A,B,C) are a bit mixed up? Did you mean it this way?

"Consider two vehicles A and B in the main flow with time gap T and a vehicle C that wants to merge/pass in between.
T consists of
- a) the time vehicle A take to travel its own length
- b) the time gap between the back of vehicle A and the front of vehicle B
- c) the time for vehicle C to pass the intersection or merge which depends on the geometry of the intersection and the speed, acceleration and length of vehicle C
- d) the time gap between the back of vehicle C and the front of vehicle B

The value of jmTimeGapMinor models b) and d).
The values of a) and c) are computed from context values such as junction geometry which has the effect that required gaps for turning left or passing across are larger than those for turning right."

So if I understand right, there is no difference in Sumo, if a vehicle I being first or second in line to merge into the main flow? The Attribute jmTimegapMinor would therefore be more comparable to Grenzzeitlücke than Folgezeitlücke (Sorry I cant find an appropriate Translation), right?

Thank you and Kind regards,

Florian