[sumo-user] Error could not insert connection between edges after build

Dear sumo-users,

We are trying to make a SUMO network of a traffic controlled intersection. Our goal is to connect a real traffic control program to SUMO. This is part of a Proof of Concept.

We automated to make the SUMO native xml files from a topology file that describes the geometrics of a traffic controlled intersection. This is done by Python. When building the net.xml with NETCONVERT, we encountered same issues. Most of the issues are solved, but we still get the error: Connection from=3_i_0 to=2_e_0 fromLane=0 toLane=0 not found. We don’t know what what we’re doing wrong here. The files are compliant with the xsd’s. And as far as I can see I followed the instructions on http://sumo.dlr.de/wiki/Networks/PlainXML. We could make a .net.xml without the connection-file. It gives a view of the intersection we want to connect.

The edges are located upstream from the stoplines. We use different edges for ingress (incoming) approaches, egress (outgoing) approaches and crosswalks. De TLC is located in the middle of the intersection. There are 23 signal groups. The connections are lane-based. An ingress approach controls multiple signal groups and some signal groups have signal heads on multiple lanes.

We don’t want to use OSM and we don’t want to use NetEdit for making the net.xml.

I We hope you can help us solve this puzzle.

Met vriendelijke groet,

Martin Barto
Senior Verkeerskundige
Mobiliteit

Vialis is een Koninklijke VolkerWessels onderneming.

Postbus 184, 3990 DD Houten |
tel. +31481200907 mob. +31628776663

http://www.vialis.nl

http://www.linkedin.com/company/vialis