[sumo-user] after collision some cars around sit in idle even though there are several lanes to pass

Dear Sumo-users,

I have another less than desirable behavior I am experiencing in my simulations.  After a collision, several vehicles in the environment don’t seem to use the available lanes to pass the collision and therefore they create traffic jams unnecessarily.

Example:

Why are the vehicles not involved in the accident just sitting there when there is a lane available in the same direction as the lane blocked for them to reach their destinations?

Is there a parameter that will encourage the vehicles to change lanes safely and pass the accident to continue their journey?

Thanks in advance,

-Hector

Back to the top