Re: [sumo-user] A question about timestep and tau

Hello,
The value of waitSteps counts the number of simulation steps in which a vehicle was waiting. So if your vehicle waits for 3 seconds and you simulation with --step-length 0.2 that would be 15 waitSteps.
In the latest development version, the attribute waitSteps is replaced with waitingTime which is measured in seconds. (http://sumo.dlr.de/wiki/ChangeLog#Git_master).

The value of tau determines the desired time-headway between successive vehicles. The exact usage of this value depends on the car following model (see http://sumo.dlr.de/wiki/Definition_of_Vehicles,_Vehicle_Types,_and_Routes#Car-Following_Models)

To model different perception-reaction times, see http://sumo.dlr.de/wiki/Car-Following-Models#Model_Parameters

regards,
Jakob

Hello everyone,

When I output the tripinfo, it says waitSteps= an integer value. How can I get this or the total waiting time for each vehicle in seconds? Also, how can I calculate a queue length?

What is the concept of time Step? when I generate a route file with 12 vehicles departing at the same time step but in different time frame, such as the first vehicle departs at 0 seconds, the second at 3rd second, the third one in 6th second but they all are departing at the same time step. Here, the time step in 9 seconds. 10 minutes later, there are 5 vehicles departing at the same time step and the time step there becomes 5 seconds.

What can I make of time step if I want to calculate the waiting time at an intersection?

Also, any ideas on what does tau trigger? what file can I find it's source code and what functions are related to it? I want to simulate different perception-reaction times (0.5 second, 1 second, 2 seconds), How should I go for it?

Thank you,

Tariq R Rahimi
Graduate Student

Back to the top