[sumo-user] Traci vehicle travel time

Hi all,

I am quite new to SUMO and am looking for some help.

I am running an urban simulation with a vehicle travel dataset (start/ stop location, travel time) with each vehicle being added by TRACI. To simulate background traffic I am using a combination of random routes (randomroutes.py) and calibrators with traffic count information. To show realistic traffic density, I want to compare SUMO simulation travel times for vehicles added using TRACI with existing data for those routes. This involves around 800 vehicles within the span of 1hr of simulation.

I have the following questions -

1.     Is there a way to limit outputs of FCD output file to specifically TRACI vehicles or even a specific vtype (I have a separate vtype for all the TRACI inputted vehicles) ? Maybe I can use this to derive travel times for these vehicles, currently my FCD file is almost 2GB in size due to the randomroutes vehicles.

2.     Is there any other method to calculate vehicle travel time by vehicle ids ? I found getAdaptedTraveltime method here (http://sumo.dlr.de/wiki/TraCI/Vehicle_Value_Retrieval) however one of the inputs to this function is time itself ? I can derive an edgeid list for each vehicle but what time do I input ?

3.     Regarding the calibrator, does it remove vehicles added by TRACI as well? Is there a way to restrict the type of vehicles it can remove from the simulation? (there is a type but as far as I've understood it only uses this property when adding vehicles)

Please let me know if you have any other advice or suggestions as well regarding my work as I have only started working on traffic modeling and SUMO within the last month.

Thank you
Best regards
Nandan