Re: [sumo-user] Code Completion with Traci

Hello,
our traci code exploits the dynamic nature of python for some nice features but this breaks many code-completion engines.
regards,
Jakob

Hello,

Currently using Traci to interface with SUMO. One small problem I have ran into is code completion (I’m using Pycharm), for example if I’m inserting ‘traci.’, instances such as ‘edge’ do not appear in the list. Further when typing ‘traci.edge.’, functions associated to that do not show up, e.g. getIDList(). When I insert ‘traci.’ I get some suggestions, e.g. ‘traci._edge.EdgeDomain’, but from my understanding these aren’t meant to be used in code but you should use the instantiated version – in this case ‘traci.edge’. I’m unsure if this is the correct thinking or not as I am new to Python, having switched from using TraaS due to some limited functionality.

Is there something I need to add/settings to change to have some kind of code completion in Pycharm when inserting commands such as ‘traci.edge.’, or is this an issue with the dynamic typing of Python?

Any help would be highly appreciated,
Jonathan

---