Re: [sumo-user] Assigning Trips Based on Map

1) draw the traffic zones as polygons in netedit
2) convert this into traffic zones: sumo/tools/edgesIndistrcits.py -n net.net.xml -t your.poly.xml
3) write a demand configuration for od2trips and then run od2trips -n districts.taz.xml --od-amitran-files demand.xml - trips.trips.xml

<demand>
   <actorConfig id="yourVehicleType">
       <timeSlice duration="86400000" startTime="0">
           <odPair amount="100" destination="poly_1" origin="poly_0"/>
       </timeSlice>
   </actorConfig>
</demand>

regards,
Jakob

Hello,

I’m making a map and intend for the vehicles to travel from the left of the map to the right. I need the vehicles to randomly be assigned a random origin (on the left hand side) and a random destination (on the right). I’ve read about a tool called trafficmodeler but it’s deprecated and no longer supported – I can’t find the executable in the SUMO directory either. Is there any tool for doing this? Preferably graphical in nature.

Thanks,
Jonathan