[sumo-user] Constrained lateral movement

Hello all,

I am using the sublane model and Traci in order to control the vehicle laterally.

My goal is to control the time it takes for the vehicle to make a lane change.

But when I try to use changeSublane, the vehicle lateral speed seems to be constrained by something. I've already set the max lateral speed, lateral acceleration, max speed and max acceleration to be very high in order not to be constrained by anything.

I feel like the command changeSublane does not really move the vehicle laterally by the given amount: how is the real lateral change calculated at every timestep ?

Best,

Alex