Re: [sumo-user] Retriving Vehicle Total Travel Time

No, this value is currently not accessible via TraCI so you will have to parse it from the log file (sumo option --log).
If you start sumo using the command traci.start() it is guaranteed that the log is ready after traci.close() returns.

Hello Jakob,

thanks for the quickly answer. In fact I don't need to print the value, I just need to store it in a variable (On TraCI) in order to perform some calculations regarding to the reward function of my AI.

Is there any variable that holds this value before print on console? So I can take the 'duration' value from there.

Thank you.

Hello,
you can take the aggregated value from the standard log file if you set option --duration-log.statistics.
see http://sumo.dlr.de/wiki/Simulation/Output#Aggregated_Traffic_Measures

regards,
Jakob

On my research, I need to calculate the mean travel time of my network. So far, I'm retrieving this information from tripinfo output.

For every simulation, I need to perform an I/O operation. Then, I read and parse the xml, retrieving the information to calculate the average.

This is extremely expensive, if you think that I need to run the simulation thousands of time (maybe hundreds of thousands) in order to train my AI.

How retrieve this info without outputting the log?

Thank you.

--
Pedro J. Matuck

"The hardest battle lies within."