[sumo-user] Simulation Step TraCI call at time 0

Hello,

I setup a SUMO simulation with 0.5s time step in TraCI mode.

Once the TraCI is established I subscribe to departed vehicles count and
then insert 10 vehicles at time 0s.

I call simulation step like this:

simulationStep(500) --> simulationStep(1000) --> simulationStep(1500) .

The first simulationStep returns subscription result that all 10 vehicles
have departed.

Is there any way to call simulationStep like this:

simulationStep(0)  --> simulationStep(500) --> simulationStep(1000) -->
simulationStep(1500) .

So that the first simulationStep call give me the subscription result
showing that all vehicles have departed.

Apparently, I cannot do this since 0 has a special meaning and proceeds
simulation to 500ms.

Is there any workaround for this?

Thank you.

- Mani