[sumo-user] Generating random trips

Hello,
I want to create a traffic simulation that would be as close as possible to the real life traffic flow.
The simulation would take an hour or at least half an hour.

In the current implementation of the simulation I'm using randomTrips.py where the net file is specified with all the additional properties,

Properties (I know that this input will generate trips for 300 simulation steps):
'--net-file', 'map.net.xml',
'-r', 'map.rou.xml',
'--seed', '42',
'--edge-permission', 'passenger',
'--min-distance', '700',
'--binomial', '100',
'--validate', 'True',
'-e', '300'
In case where the end value (--e) is far greater (e.g.: 10000) there is always a grid lock -> too much vehicles in the map and they can't move.

I would like to generate traffic flow where the number of vehicles in the map would be constantly around some value which would not cause grid lock.

What kind of parameters do you suggest (irrelevant to the map size)?

Best regards,
Luka

Back to the top