Dear friends and users,
we are happy to announce the release of SUMO version 1.14.0.
The download links are at https://sumo.dlr.de/docs/Downloads.html
This release brings you many new emission models and options for configuring fuel consumption.
Our python tools provide new features to simplify traffic demand generation.
We also fixed quite a number of bugs some of which were regressions in previous releases.
There are many more features and fixes in this release and the most important ones are listed below.
For a full list of changes, as always see http://sumo.dlr.de/wiki/ChangeLog
=== Enhancements ===
- Added support for emission model PHEMlight V5. Among other things, this permits modeling of fleet aging.
- Added support for the HBEFA4 emission model with more than 800 emission classes.
- Vehicles at longer planned stops now switch off their engine.
- Automated engine start/stop can be modeled.
- Actuated traffic lights can now react to downstream jamming
- On-demand stopping of public transport vehicles is now possible
- Traffic light mode now supports all phase attributes of NEMA and actuated tlTypes and fully supports the NEMA controller
- All attributes can now be reset to their default value by deleting the attribute
- Walkingareas are now shown and can be located by id.
- Shift-click in demand-stop mode now sets parent element (i.e. vehicle).
- Create edge mode now visually previews whether a new junction will be created or an existing junction will be re-used.
- Added dialog for fixing / reporting network element problems.
- Improved visualization of trips between junctions.
- A custom color rainbow is now supported for all data elements.
- Added tooltips on mouseover
- tls_csvSignalGroups now supports generating actuated traffic lights
- osmWebWizard now provides a seamless satellite background
- plotTrajectories.py: Now supports plotting by leaderGap
- addStops2Routes.py: Added various options to randomize stop assignment (i.e. to model random break-down of cars).
- routeSampler.py: now supports option --write-flows poisson to generate flows with poisson arrival pattern.
- routeSampler.py: Can now load pedestrian walks as candidate routes.
- randomTrips.py: Can now define a timeline of different demand levels.
- randomTrips.py: Now supports option --insertion-rate to define demand as vehicles-per-hour and option --insertion-density to define demand as vehicles-per-hour-per-km.
- sumo-gui: 3D-view now permits opening vehicle context menu via right-click.
- netconvert: Now supports generating NEMA controllers.
- netgenerate: Added option --random.type to pick a random edge type from all loaded types.
=== Bugfixes ===
- Fixed invalid speed when approaching stop for carFollowModel IDM.
- Fixed pedestrian collision and jamming
- Fixed bug where taxi fails to drop off customer.
- Fixed invalid emissions for decelerating / standing vehicles for HBEFA models
- inductionLoop near lane end no longer miscounts pedestrians.
- Fixed invalid depart and arrival position for persons after taxi ride
- Fixed errors when using departSpeed="avg" or departSpeed="last".
- Fixed emergency breaking on approach to junction.
- Lane-specific speed limits now influence lane-changing decisions.
- Fixed bug where vehicles would enter lanes that are separated from a required lane by a forbidden lane.
- Fixed collision and other issues related to opposite direction driving.
- Fixed various crashes related to mis-configured NEMA controllers
- Fixed crash when loading a network (on very slow computers / builds). (regression in 1.9.0)
- Greatly increased rendering speed. (regression in 1.11.0)
- Fixed crash when drawing tazRelations. (regression in 1.11.0)
- Loaded named routes are now visible again. (regression in 1.12.0)
- Setting allow/disallow in create-edge frame is now working again. (regression in 1.12.0)
- Fixed incomplete demand output when defining a <flow> and a <pedestrianFlow> with the same id.
- Fixed various issues related to containers
- Loading and saving a selection is now working for all data elements.
- Fixed inconsistent traffic light settings when removing node from a joined traffic light by changing its type.
- Background images (decals) and multi-view settings are now restored on reload. (regression in 1.13.0)
- Fixed crash when drawing persons that enter a vehicle.
- Detectors are no longer drawn on top of traffic light signals and right-of-way indicators.
- Fixed many issues related to the 3D View
- Fixed invalid reduction in edge shape detail at very dense geometry. (regression 1.12.0)
- Fixed crash when loading OpenDRIVE road object validity record.
- Fixed missing tram connections at sharper turns on large junctions.
- Fixed generation of invalid pedestrian crossings.
- Fixed invalid right-of-way rules when using custom contPos at connections from a side road.
- TraCI / libsumo
- Function vehicle.setAcceleration now supports negative values.
- Fixed invalid taxi state after re-dispatch (causing early taxi removal).
- Fixed invalid mapping with vehicle.moveToXY onto intersections with parallel internal edges.
- Function 'traci.vehicle.rerouteTraveltime' now behaves the same in traci and libsumo in all cases. Previously, the argument currentTravelTimes was ignored by libsumo. The behavior in traci changed slightly: instead of using the current edge speeds and updating them for all vehicles, it now uses the aggregated routing mode (which also reacts to current speeds).
- Function traci.person.moveTo is now working (for pedestrians).
=== Miscellaneous ===
- Outputs now use attribute period instead of freq whenever denoting a time period.
- Updated default bicycle speed on highway.path and highway.cycleway.
- Fuel consumption is now given in mg/s instead of ml/s to achieve consistency across liquid an gaseous fuels. For backward compatibility, the option --emissions.volumetric-fuel may be set.
- The default parameters of the battery model have been changed to that of a KIA Soul EV (formerly the parameters were for a large electric bus). Issue #10883
Have fun with the new release,
Jakob, Robert, Melanie, Johannes, Michael, Yun-Pang, Angelo, Pablo, Mirko and Benjamin