Re: [sumo-dev] Adding own code structure for chargingStations

Netedit supports adding arbitrary <param>s to charging stations (and many other objects).
These parameters (https://sumo.dlr.de/docs/Simulation/GenericParameters.html) are available within the simulation and can be queried via TraCI.
Thus, the easiest solution would be giving every station something like <param key="group" value="GROUPID"/>.
You could also use params to define the maximum power of the group (i.e. by adding key="groupPower" to one or all of the stations for that group).

Alternatively, you might also repurpose the wires/substations for your needs (https://sumo.dlr.de/docs/Models/ElectricHybrid.html#traction_substation)
Experimental Netedit support for these has recently been added.