Re: [sumo-dev] plexe.setFixedLane not working properly SUMO
  • From: Michele Segata <michele.segata@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 6 May 2022 09:48:13 +0200
  • Arc-authentication-results: i=1; mx.microsoft.com 1; spf=pass smtp.mailfrom=unibz.it; dmarc=pass action=none header.from=unibz.it; dkim=pass header.d=unibz.it; arc=none
  • Arc-message-signature: i=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=microsoft.com; s=arcselector9901; h=From:Date:Subject:Message-ID:Content-Type:MIME-Version:X-MS-Exchange-AntiSpam-MessageData-ChunkCount:X-MS-Exchange-AntiSpam-MessageData-0:X-MS-Exchange-AntiSpam-MessageData-1; bh=gSsE5A+uMU3mFPDAfKV0hxYRDGVYSXnAXMNDnMgefFo=; b=Iy3dmBcQfvfNFWSnw1sexZLEZzYP5oNNYGgpYw9aKCoSykAm/YGdLIGuwjy14QX/q1xmJfWEQuZJuErGIyd6JzZqJ9AirpSrJWbzf0SNbAwIDFxgwflbtomdRu2Db+pEnA4yUCSZKxicdadAtP9ul6oOJUsQdfcibQO04X3IsnacRDbMM2k8mYuKgnTA9fMIyLkLUF2bmpPcrMhlUZwkSk7iDb+pbLt5RD8AluWPn1m+vQUzf/HJyj9CTSSebLD83GUaC5tYlC3LoPPtDT7nhyEpvqKAUf2zT4ZI3uk53zmyuXcNIeKI85OR4oSQPKo60JaTqPCZ2tlIQS6ejUO9yg==
  • Arc-seal: i=1; a=rsa-sha256; s=arcselector9901; d=microsoft.com; cv=none; b=f4+KYFSKZX1KfB6LRpsvIsY6v2UJRcgW2mqqkHEpLa1ELyOxoVBGv5+edtRDLHQ7Jn1NPD3+nnO38oX4THKGtfCsIARr0+OhjKiJb5C/3wreZDhjaTYfCKMkLncFyjNWZpkxAr/E5xC5uVgNMTcnD0y3/apRhkbuAPg8IXK53amO9OdVausl2jnCz0TiwdCPiPKSiTnjGqLncW8MM4M+bMJojDHsR4w/+o8mGIcoOKnF0xlnXYfClYn8cvhOC8PRD0NbVmiP8xxJzd7KCyNGVeuteN3KmQstAqlDG5ESMcIQ5DXhQYCSWnYC44jpimFme9/F38BgMkn+o0N4yn6d6Q==

Dear Ankit,

setFixedLane has been implemented with an highway in mind, when you want to have a platooning vehicle stick to a lane instead of changing lane. The behavior in other contexts has never been tested. I also believe that what Jakob suggests is what is actually happening. If you set the lane to be an index > 0 but there is only one lane exiting the roundabout, then the vehicle doesn't find the corresponding lane to exit and it remains stuck. To test whether this is really the case, you could set the lane of a vehicle fixed to 0 with setFixedLane. If the vehicle exits the roundabout, then this is really the issue.

Best,
Michele