[sumo-dev] Question about Hardware Requirement

To whom it may concern:

I am Haotian Li, a senior student from UCD and BJUT. I'm here to ask something about the hardware requirement for sumo-gui. I am working on a summer internship using this software as a tool. When I tried to simulate the urban networks using the scale of 3(try to provide traffic jams), I used SSM devices to detect TTC and PET and record conflict loading in conflict.xml and do statistics research after simulation ended. However, I found that 16G RAM can't afford the stress of caching index files and it would break down while simulating. Then, I tried the 32G one and it would also shut down even if the memory usage is not high. Would you please give me some suggestions to fix it? Or I may forgive this scenario because the DDL is approaching. Looking forward to your reply. Have a nice day!

Yours sincerely,
Haotian Li

Back to the top