[sumo-dev] Is vehicle behavior handled in a different location once you start calling TraCI functions?

Dear SUMO developers,

There is this function in SUMO_HOME/src/microsim/MSVehicle.cpp called ignoreRed(). I put a print statement there for testing purposes. I have a TraCI script running that calls traci.vehicle.setSpeedMode() only after simulation step 500. I discovered that the ignoreRed() function gets called continuously, while running a simulation with TraCI, UNTIL you call traci.vehicle.setSpeedMode() in your TraCI script. Suddenly, after step 500, my print statement no longer prints, the function ignoreRed() is no longer called, and any changes I made to it are now invalid. Where does the program go? Is vehicle behavior handled in a different location once you start calling TraCI functions?

Best,
Ryan

Back to the top