Re: [sumo-dev] Make vehicles recognise street signs

In SUMO the effect of street signs is already encoded in the network model (.net.xml) in the form of speed limits and right-of-way rules. For specialized signs such as variable-speed-signs, additional objects can be declared and loaded into the simulation at startup (http://sumo.dlr.de/wiki/Simulation/Variable_Speed_Signs)
The whole purpose of the street-sign output was to serve as additional visualization for the end user.

If you give an example of the type of interactive reaction to street signs that you have in mind I may be able to give advice on how to model this in sumo.

regards,
Jakob