Dear friends and users,
we are happy to announce the release of SUMO version 1.17.0.
The download links are at https://sumo.dlr.de/docs/Downloads.html
This release brings a major improvement to those users who prefer to avoid the
command line: You can now call netgenerate and a large number of python tools
directly from netedit using configuration dialogs!
There are many more features and fixes in this release and the most important
ones are listed below. For a full list of changes, as always see http://sumo.dlr.de/wiki/ChangeLog
- Added menu entry for directly calling netgenerate and instantly editing the generated network.
- Added menu and dialogs for calling python tools without using the command line.
- When calling netdiff from tools menu, the computed differences may be selectively imported for visualization.
- Inspect mode now allows inspecting individual objects that are part of a selection via ALT+LEFT_CLICK.
- Simulating a Two-way-left-turn-lane is now supported.
- Added option --personinfo-output to separate <personinfo> elements from <tripinfo> elements.
- Public transport vehicles may now slow down by a configurable factor when they are ahead of their schedule (based on attribute 'arrival')
- OSM: Exceptions for turning restrictions are now imported.
- OpenDRIVE: lane access declarations are now imported.
- Option --alternative-net-file can now be used to load secondary network shapes.
Hotkey CTRL+K can be used to switch between both shapes (i.e. geographical and abstract rail networks)
- Add 3D person shapes for 3D View.
- Edge context-menu function 'select-reachable' now ignores lane direction when selecting vClass "pedestrian".
- Added function 'vehicle.setLateralLanePosition'.
- Functions vehicle.getParameter and simulation.getParameter can now retrieve various aggregated trip statistics.
- Added function 'vehicle.getNextLinks' to retrieve all upcoming intersections.
- Added functions 'lane.setChangePermissions' and 'lane.getChangePermissions' to dynamically modify 'changeLeft' and 'changeRight' attributes.
- Simpla can now report platoon-based information and statistics.
- Added function 'traci.executeMove' to only do vehicle movements and allow further interaction before writing the outputs at 'simulationStep'.
- gtfs2pt.py: multiple improvements to route matching. (Thanks to Gladys McGan)
- Added new tool generateRerouters.py to generate rerouters for a given set of closed edges including automatic computation of suitable notification edges.
- randomTrips.py: Added option --random-factor to apply random disturbances to edge probabilities (i.e. to break up symmetry in small networks).
- Added tool abstractRail.py to generate an abstract/schematic rail network based on a geodetic rail network.
- attributeDiff.py: Can now optionally group attributes by one or more id-attributes before comparing.
- Added tool attributeCompare.py to compare matching attributes accross multiple files.
- multiple improvements to plotXMLAttributes.py (histograms, ranked data, bar plots and box plots)
- Fixed crash related to lane-changing in tight corners. (regression in 1.13.0)
- Fixed crash with option --device.rerouting.threads. (regression 1.16.0)
- Attribute 'lcCooperative' no longer impacts speed adjustments that a vehicle needs for it's personal lane change maneuvers.
- vType attribute 'lcTurnAlignmentDistance' now works for indirect left turns.
- Fixed invalid duration value in summary-output.
- NEMA Controller now works with uneven yellow time at barrier.
- A triggered stop is now always aborted when the vehicle is full.
- Fixed bug where the simulation does not abort when the last active transportable is riding inside an inactive (triggered) vehicle.
- Railway simulation:
- Fixed unsafe train insertion that could cause a follower train to collide.
- Fixed emergency braking when reversing on a red signal.
- Fixed invalid railway routing result.
- Fixed deadlock on bidirectional track.
- Fixed bug when showing list of newly created vehicle types in type mode. (regression in 1.15.0)
- Fixed bug that prevent creation of crossing at priority junctions with speed above 50k/mh. (regression in 1.16.0)
- The name of the current network is shown in application title bar again. (regression in 1.16.0)
- Additional objects are now always included in zoomed-out rectangle selection.
- Fixed crash when trying to save demand/additionals into non-writable dir.
- Shift-click on geometry point can now be used to make it the custom end point.
- Fixed bug where person plan elements after a stop were not loaded correctly
- Fixed invalid carriageLength for tram. (regression in 1.11.0)
- Fixed random (rare) crash when having an open detector attribute window. (regression in 1.16.0)
- Fixed invisible lane markings at dense geometry.
- Flight mode navigation in 3D view is now working on Linux.
- OSM: fixed importing lane access for 'psv'.
- OSM: fixed handling of one-way roads that allow buses in reverse direction.
- Fixed invalid connections in multi-modal networks that were causing dead-ends for passenger traffic.
- Fixed invalid right-of-way rules involving indirect left turns.
- Fixed failure to perform unsafe lane change. (regression in 1.11.0)
- Fixed value returned by 'person.getMaxSpeed'. (regression in 1.15.0)
- Fixed crash when calling 'close()' directly on a traci connection. (regression in 1.16.0)
- Fixed problem when loading JAVA bindings for libsumo/libtraci via JNI. Caution: Windows users must update their code to load dependent libraries explicitly due to JAVA issues that cannot be fixed on the SUMO side.
- Function 'vehicle.setStopParameter' now takes effect when setting "duration" or "triggered".
- libtraci.simulation.getCollisions returns meaningful results
- Fixed bug where user-triggered lane-change were not executed when using the sublane model.
- Fixed crash when using 'vehicle.moveToXY'.
- Fixed broken routes for public transport from GTFS caused by invalid permissions.
- Further work on translation, added Italian language.
- Removed libsumo / libtraci from the binary windows release to avoid version mismatch. Instead the user must install the bindings for their installed python version via 'pip'.
- Stop-output no longer contains attribute 'delay' if a stop does not define the 'until' attribute. Formerly, the value of '-1' would be written which is ambiguous in conjunction with negative delays caused by TraCI or --use-stop-ended.
- plot_net_dump.py: no longer supports setting a default color with option -c. Instead the long option --default-color must be used. The option -c is now used for loading of a tool configuration file instead.
Have fun with the new release,
Jakob, Robert, Johannes, Michael, Yun-Pang, Pablo, Mirko, Benjamin and Angelo