[subversive-dev] Subversive's SVNKit

Hi,

is this list the right place to discuss the SVNkit connector which is used by Subversive? (as the subversive connectors are not hosted by Eclipse so strictly speaking they're out-of-scope for Eclipse.org)

Today I found out that Subversive requires me to install an svn connector like SVNKit even though I installed the Fedora package eclipse-svnkit which already provides that. I tried to dig a bit deeper to find out if Subversive modifies SVNKit but did not reach a final conclusion on that.

1) Should subversive find an installed SVNKit if this plugin is basically
   usable by Eclipse (shows up in plugins, can be used by Subclipse)?
2) Are there any modifications in the SVNKit (1.3) which is shipped by
   Polarion compared to the vanilla SVNKit?

While researching the problem, I had to overcome a couple of setup issues. I guess most of them are easy to fix if you're familiar with the Eclipse build infrastructure (last time I worked with that was in 2005 - back then I had to use CVS :-):

* How do I get a working source checkout of Subversive for a specific release
  (0.7.8)?
  - How to checkout Subversive's svn? (found that in the mailing list archive)
  - What is the svn repo for Polarion's SVN connector?
  - Being familiar with subversion, I expected to find a tag for every
    release in Eclipse's source repository. However there are no tags as far
    as I can tell...

fs

Back to the top