Re: [subversive-dev] subversive with RSE problems.

Thanks for replying Alexander,

Comments In line

Alexander Gurov wrote:
Dear Bill,
1) In any case the NullPointerException do not looks like something
acceptable. Could you please provide some additional information?
	1) What Subversive version you use?
Eclipse 3.3.2 Build Id: M20080221-1800
Remote System Explorer Core 2.0.3.v20080225
SVN Team Provider Core 1.2.4
Subversion JavaHL win32 Binaries 1.2.4
SVN TeamProvider UI 1.2.4
Subclipse Documentation  1.2.0
	2) What connector version is selected at
Window->Preferences->Team->SVN->SVN Client?
There isn't a svn client option bu I am using the SVNKit SVN interface if thats what you meant
	3) Stack trace of the NPE
Strange thing: I can't get that. When I click on details the dialog dies. Is it saved in a log file?
	4) Step-by-step guide how to reproduce the problem if it is posible

1) From within the Remote System Explorer Perspective, I navigate to my project ont he external server 2) I right click on the root folder of the project and select create external project
3) I switch to the JAVA Perspective
4) I right click on the project and goto Team -> share project
5) I select SVN and click NEXT
6) I then get the Null Pointer Error

After getting the error once, I cannot reproduce it without removing the external project and recreating it. Otherwise, it just wont let me select the Next button when selecting SVN.
2) Subversive does not handle Subversion meta-information if it is placed
inside a linked folders. So, if you need to make this working in Subversive
you have two alternatives:

	1) Share root project to SVN and use svn:externals property in order
to automatically checkout external resources into the project
I'll admit, I'm not exactly sure what you mean by this. But, The only links allowed ssh are from the local eclipse machine to remote machines containing the repository and the working code. I'm not sure how an external link from the svn repository to the local computer would help, but its not allowed.
	2) Import existing remote project into the Eclipse workspace. In
this case please note that the project should be available on the file
system supported by OS because Subversive uses external libraries in order
to connect with SVN and no one from these libraries have knowledge about
Eclipse virtual file systems.
This is the problem. I'd like to roll up my sleeves and fix this problem. I didn't know where it was. Eclipse should hide any noticeable differences between a linked folder and a real folder for the plug ins. So I think I need to look at the eclipse core itself. Thanks for the tip. As you can see I'm using a couple different plug ins. Its difficult to figure out where problems actually arise from in the code.

If my reply is not very helpful please describe situation more precisely.

Best regards,
Alexander Gurov
Subversive Team