Re: [stp-dev] BPMN Editor Palette Personalization ?

In GMF 2.1, there is a new feature (which came from GEF) for palette customization. Perhaps it can help you.

Just my 2cts ...

Etienne

--------------------
To the Generator Team,

Yesterday, I committed code to expose GEF's Customize palette capability in GMF and added the ability to save the settings to the workspace.

The saving of customizations does not currently work in GMF generated diagram editors because these editors do not have palette ids.  This feature requires palette ids as this is how the palette entry is identified in the workspace preferences.

Have a happy holiday!

- Cherie

Antoine Toulme a écrit :
Hi Andrea,

this is possible. You need to work in the BpmnPaletteFactory class to achieve that.

Feel free to open a bug about this.

Another customizable area would be the toolbar edit policy. If you press Ctrl+Space over the diagram, you will see it appear.
We could also consider filtering the connection dialogs in the same way (drag a new connection and release the mouse button when selecting nothing in particular to show it).

I guess the same preference could be used in those three areas.

Thanks,

Antoine