Re: [stp-dev] Discussion on policy support in STP

Johnson,

very good start on the subject, this will be quite interesting to discuss.

Some quick questions:

The description of the policy data model states that the policy model used is different from WS-Policy or SCA Policy-Framework. Could you explain the policy metaphor you're referencing a little bit? Am I correct in assuming that it is more like WS-Policy policy assertion (i.e., describing a single property) than policy alternative (i.e., combining multiple policy assertions into an entity that describes many aspects, possibly describing several acceptable behaviours)?

Do you propose to actually add a Policy Registry to STP or do you want to provide the interface definition that an actual registry has to conform to?

Regarding the validation issues we have plans to generalize the validation components that are currently integrated with our (sopera's) editors into a generic validation framework. Maybe it would be a good idea to contribute the code directly and work on the generalization together?

I'm looking forward to discussing this further.

best regards

   Jerry Preissler

--
SOPERA GmbH · Geschäftsführer: Dr. Ricco Deutscher
Sträßchensweg 10 · 53113 Bonn · Handelsregister: Bonn HRB 15336

Johnson Ma wrote:
Hi all,
We added the policy editor recently, so it is time to think more about how to enforce SOA policy during developing and deploying service component. I wrote a proposal on stp wiki named "Policy Framework in STP", hope that we can kick off a series of discussions from here on how to support policy in STP. http://wiki.eclipse.org/Policy_Framework_in_STP Regards Johnson Ma

Gerald Preissler
Tel.:    +49 (0)228-182 1 91 12
Fax:    +49 (0)228-181 1 90 99
Mobil:  +49 (0175) 26 25 667
mailto://gerald.preissler@xxxxxxxxx

SOPERA GmbH - Open Source SOA
Subscription Services, Support & Maintenance, Training,
Technical SOA Consulting & Customized Development
http://www.sopera.de

SOPERA GmbH · Geschäftsführer: Dr. Ricco Deutscher
Sträßchensweg 10 · 53113 Bonn · Handelsregister: Bonn HRB 15336

Back to the top