[stp-dev] Fwd: [eclipse.org-committers] Eclipse Bugzilla/CVS offline: 2:00pm EDT

Just to remind you that there will be a CVS/Bugzilla outage on the Eclipse
infrastructure later on today.

Begin forwarded message:

From: "Eclipse WebMaster (Denis Roy)" <webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 2 August 2007 13:56:04 IST
Subject: [eclipse.org-committers] Eclipse Bugzilla/CVS offline: 2:00pm EDT

Greetings,

As a follow-up to a previous e-mail [1], we'll be disabling CVS and Bugzilla, and disabling write access to every other aspect of our site later, at 2:00pm for no more than 2 hours.

This outage time will be used to permute our primary/secondary back-end servers in order to install OS and hardware updates on them. These servers typically lag behind current updates because of their function; however, when faced with performance and stability issues, we have no other option.

Our website will be unaffected by this.  All Eclipse websites that do not support a "read-only" mode, such as Bugzilla and Eclipse Plugin Central, will simply be shut down.

Normally we would wait for the weekend to do this, but there are currently issues with the backend server which are blocking services from operating properly (SVN, PlanetEclipse, PHP web pages).

Thanks for your understanding.  If you have any questions, please feel free to drop me a note.

Denis

Registered Number: 171387