[stp-dev] Proposal on refactor the stp deployment framework

Hi all,

After using the soas deployment framework for a while, i found the following places can be improved for better extensibility and usability.

* Workspace based deployment
The current approach is based on individual project. It should be changed to allow user to select multiple services across workspace, thus they can deploy soa network in one step.
This can be done by adding a customizable service provider interface on the current logical package extension point.

*Logical Package -> Service Descriptor.
It will be more easy to understand if we rename the 'Logical Package' to 'Service Descriptor'.
Furthermore, the current logical package extension point to tied to IFile, should be changed to support object class as well.

* Fully integrated with WTP server framework
So far, we have added a wtp bridge, which allow user to deploy soas generated war file into tomcat server created from wtp server framework.
However, user can't see the deployed war from wtp module view, and start/stop that module within eclipse. More work need to be done here to bridge between the STP deployable package and WTP module.

*Connection Profile.
Once the wtp server integration is finished, we can remove the current Connection Profile dependency in soas code base.

*Network View.
After deploy, we want to show a real time soa network view to the user. it lists all the servers and deployed services. This can be done by extending from sca assemble editor or other existing tech/components. It is a low priority task however.

Regards

Johnson

Back to the top