Re: [stp-dev] Component Java Projects versus Composite Projects

Hi Mark,

Yes, that is a good question.
From the end user point of view, i think there will be two different usage
scenarios for STP:

1. User want to user the tool the create SCA component.
From sca spec, the component implementations may depend on services provided
by other components - those
dependencies are called references.

The current SCA component project wizard need to be improved to support references. I think that is the way to create 'middle-sized' composites. In that case, a tab based editor should be enough (just like the plugin.xml editor in Eclipse.). We can have a reference tab, which allow user to set reference to other components.

2. User want to user the tool to create SOA system (SOA System project wizard?) In that case, they can start from user requirements, which can be mapped to bpmn. Then they will design the system using the SCA assembly editor by drag and drop components and links. Until then, all components are not implemented yet, they will follow
step1 to create each component.

Regards

Johnson

----- Original Message ----- From: "Mark Walker" <mwalker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: "STP Dev list" <stp-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, April 02, 2007 5:52 PM
Subject: RE: [stp-dev] Component Java Projects versus Composite Projects

Hi Johnson,

I'm concerned a little about your use of the term "big picture".

Given that SCA composites can be infinitely nested (theoretically,
anyway). What about those SCA composites that are internal to other
composites (i.e. being used as component implementations)? So what do we
do about these "middle-sized picture" ;-) composites?

Even more concerning might be the issue of where do we locate composite
service interfaces that have be redefined within the composite (as per
the SCA 1.0 spec, pp. 34-35)?

Please note, I am not advocating that we do have a combination SCA
component and composite project -- I can a logical division --, rather I
am concerned with how we deal with these "edge/corner" cases.

Ciao,
Mark Walker,
mwalker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Technical Architect (Tools),