[stp-dev] Milestones discussion, and overall content of STP towards 1.0

Hi guys,
I was thinking that we should aim for a milestone release
before the kickoff of the holiday season - the question is
what we can include in that milestone that will be useful
for people to try out and give feedback and to act as a
base for further development for a 1.0 in June next year.

Personally, I think that one key element we are missing
is a visualization of the core model, which kind of
brings everything together. We also need to pick some
technologies to populate that model and integrate our
deploy project. We're very close to the holiday, so I'm
not sure how far we can actually go with these efforts,
but I'm interested in hearing what others think

That's the first topic - second, is what we should
deliver for 1.0, and here's a list for discussion:

Development Support:
 * support for JAXWS service creation
 * support for SCA local/remote services, Java and C++
 * BPEL composition construction
 * all these things need introspectors to populate the
   central model
 * support for JBI assembly

SCA Support:
 * model up-to-date with standard work
 * visualization of model, with manipulation features

Deployment Support:
 * WTP/STP blended deployment/runtime framework
 * deploy to Tuscany runtime
 * JBI deployment

User Support:
 * Overhaul website
 * Review documentation of subprojects

Again, your feedback is valuable, we should refine this list
with details of what each piece means in terms of exposure
to the customers, extension points etc.

 regards
  Oisin

Back to the top