[stp-dev] STP build system improvement

Hi All,

We am thinking about the following improvements to the STP build system:

* Cruise-control for every commit
Automatically run the build and test every time developer summit code. And publish the test result to stp website.

* Nightly build result links and report pages
Run the nightly build every day (or every week for now). Publish the build result for download, and publish the test report for developers too.

* Local build
[David]Another useful improvement would be allow a 'real' local build where the build system wouldn't check out itself and the code before running.
It's just a pain to have to check in any change before being able to test it. And the cvs update took most of the time during each build.

[Adrian]
1. The build system checks itself out then executes the checked out
version. We should make this step optional, particularly if you're
testing changes to the build system and you don't want to have to commit
each time!!

2. The customTargets.xml for each component should have the checkout
stuff set to optional as well so that, which means it the build system
will need to be updated to pick up the location of the code from the
main working copy. Not hard, but I can give a hand in this space if you
like.

* Email server configuration
In the email notify target, the smtp server address are hardcode to '127.0.0.1'. I plan to move this to build.properties, thus user can easily setup local build system by modify this properties.

Any comments?

Regards

Johnson

Back to the top