Re: [stp-dev] CVS Commits

Here is what I suggested. Basically this suggests that features/plugins/tests/docs are clearly seperated in folders in each subproject (a la wtp). We came to this conclusion after reviewing other projects and feedback based on suggested improvement on platform. I do not believe platform had envisioned this many project when it started.ÂÂ

Also, as STP get new subprojects and starts incubating new projects, I think this will scale better.

<subproject>/
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ features/
        org.eclipse.stp.core-feature
        org.eclipse.stp.xxx-feature
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ plugins/
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ
org.eclipse.stp.core
          org.eclipse.stp.core.infrastructure
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ tests/
          org.eclipse.stp.core.tests
          org.eclipse.stp.core.tests.infrastructure
    docs/

This would be my proposal (which is more like the Eclipse Platform method):

/
<features> features/
        org.eclipse.stp.core-feature
        org.eclipse.stp.xxx-feature

<subproject> org.eclipse.stp.core/
    <plugins> org.eclipse.stp.core
          org.eclipse.stp.core.infrastructure
          org.eclipse.stp.core.tests
          org.eclipse.stp.core.tests.infrastructure
    <devfolder> development    Â-- would store designs, notes, planning resources for each respective subproject. could be named "org.eclipse.stp.<subproject>-development" or just "-dev"
                    -- could also store the appropriate Team Project Sets for the subproject.

Kind Regards,

Michael D. Elder
Rational Studio / Services Tools Development  Â
IBM RTP Lab
Ext: (919) 543-8356
T/L: Â441-8356
mdelder@xxxxxxxxxx

Oisin Hurley <ohurley@xxxxxxxx>
Sent by: stp-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

04/11/2006 09:24 AM

Please respond to
STP Dev list <stp-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

STP Dev list <stp-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
cc
stp-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject
Re: [stp-dev] CVS Commits

This is definitely an item for the IRC tomorrow. I think it would help
the discussion Michael to do a quick ascii treeview of your approach
and how that stacks with the current approach. Also Naci if you could
put your thoughts out wrt Michaels proposal it will help!

irc.freenode.net
#eclipseSTP
0900/1200/1700/1800/1900

Âthanks guys