Re: [stp-dev] Subproject issues

The STP project including the subprojects was presented as is to the Eclipse board. The STP project was accepted on the basis of this structure acknowledging that those were in scope. I am sure that Carl can add to this if necessary.

    Stefan

Daniel Berg wrote:

I was looking at the defined sub projects and two of them stood out: STP BPEL 2 Java (B2J) and STP BPMN (BPMN). The problem I have with these subprojects is that they start overlapping with implementation content contributions from other projects within Eclipse. For example, these seem to be obvious overlaps with the BPEL project within Eclipse. Why are we defining content subprojects which clearly belongs in other projects within Eclipse?

STP is a platform for component implementation assembly and deployment. It is not in the business of editing or creating the specific component implementations. This is best left to the implementation providers from other projects within Eclipse.

I suggest that these subprojects be removed from STP and their contributions added to the proper Eclipse subprojects.

Regards,
Dan