[stem-dev] New mixing edges

There's new functionality available to create mixing edges  (New Graph->Mixing Edge Graph Generator) with any mixing rate desirable. However, the ability to turn mixing up or down (for instance to model interventions) is lost when custom mixing edges are used. The characteristicMixingDistance parameter is only used when the default common border mixing method is used.

I propose we create a new parameter (applicable to all disease models) that throttles mixing, default value 1.0. Maybe we can call it mixingScalingFactor? I know it's confusing to have two parameters that control mixing, so I'm open to other suggestions too. We'd have to document it carefully for sure.

Regards,
/ Stefan

Observe: My email address is changing. The old address edlund@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx is obsolete. Use sedlund@xxxxxxxxxx instead.
Stefan Edlund
Public Health and Computer Science Research
IBM Almaden Research Center
(408) 927-1766   edlund@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Back to the top