[statet-users] RMI registry at port X could not be started error

Folks:

I'm using the latest Stat-ET (4.0.2) on Eclipse 2019-12, with R 3.6.2 and the latest rj/rJAVA with rJava 12, in MacOS X 10.15.3.  I'm getting the following error:

An error occured when starting the launch configuration by Auto Run.
RMI Registry at port 51199 could not be started.
Cannot connect to RMI registry.; nested exception is:
java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused (Connection refused)

I haven't had this error previously, and now I can't use R within Eclipse and have had to resort to  Rstudio.  Has anyone gotten this error message and figured it out?  I know next to nothing about Java so I'm not even sure how to troubleshoot.

--j

Back to the top