Re: [statet-users] StatET Remote Console

Okay... I feel like I'm making progress.

I have a docker image built (it is built on the rocker/rstudio image, so... if I can't get this to work, I will be forced to use RStudio.  For the LOVE OF GOD, please don't make me use RStudio!!!)

It's running R 3.6.0 under Debian 9.9 (stretch).  It has java/JRE/JDE installed (ava-8-openjdk-amd64).  It has the rj and rj.gd (versions 4.0.0-4 and -1, respectively).  I know how to launch RMI.  I've got port 1099 mapped.

But when I try to connect via remote console (with address "//localhost:1099//htrs", where htrs is the name of my docker container), I get this error:

image.png

Digging through the StatET User Guide, in the section R Console --> Remote Console --> RJ Server, it says:

"A server bundle containing all files is provided on the homepage. The bundle contains all program files and startup scripts, ...", which apparently includes  a modified version of JRI.  And also "Download the consoleserver file from the homepage and extract it into a directory of your choice (default is '~/.RJServer/')"

I have been unable to find this-- does it exist, or are these just old instructions?  Is it included in this repo: https://gitlab.com/walware/de.walware.rj-server.gr/tree/master/de.walware.rj.server.gr.rsrv/pkg  Digging around in it, it looks like it is just the rj package, but it does seem to have a modified version of JRI.

Any help would be appreciated.  With luck, I can get this container working and push it to Dockerhub so that others can just use it without all the installation/configuration issues, and it should work on Mac, Windows or *.nix.

Thanks!
Mike

Back to the top