Skip to main content

[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index] [List Home]
Re: [starter-dev] Updating Look and Feel

Hi,

Looks nice, and works for me.

Just an idea, wouldn't it be nice to have fields pre-filled to the most reasonable values? E.g. EE 11 and Java SE 21 already pre-filled, profile set to full. Then when selecting a Runtime, and specifically when selecting TomEE, automatically set profile to web?

Kind regards,
Arjan Tijms

On Sat, 12 Sept 2026 at 05:22, Reza Rahman via starter-dev <starter-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
It is deployed: https://start.jakarta.ee. Please test it out. Thanks.

On Sep 10, 2026, at 6:13 PM, Reza Rahman via starter-dev <starter-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

OK, thanks! Fresh release done, deployment should be on the way: https://github.com/eclipse-ee4j/starter/releases/tag/ui-2.0.13.

On Sep 9, 2026, at 5:04 AM, Ivar Grimstad <ivar.grimstad@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi Reza,

I ran the starter and had a quick look. It loos good to me. Please go ahead.

Ivar

On Tue, Sep 8, 2026 at 10:30 PM Reza Rahman <reza_rahman@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
This is still using the outdated look and feel from jakarta.ee. In order to see it pulling the latest from jakarta.ee, you’ll need to do this: https://github.com/eclipse-ee4j/starter/tree/master/ui.

On Sep 8, 2026, at 1:48 PM, Shabnam Mayel <shabnam.mayel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:


Hi Reza,

I am not a part of the Starter mailing list, but I just had a look at the website page and it looks up to date to me! Is there a particular issue that you see with the Starter page that is out of sync with the rest of the website? This looks good to me: https://start.jakarta.ee/

Thanks,

Shabnam

On Fri, Sep 4, 2026 at 10:01 PM Reza Rahman <reza_rahman@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
I don’t want to sit on this any more.

While the Foundation responds, can people here help test please? Does everything look good and work right?

This should be very easy to do and yet valuable help.

> On Aug 7, 2026, at 9:57 PM, Reza Rahman <reza_rahman@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> The look and feel of the Starter has been badly out of sync for a while now. I first wanted to stabilize the bugs before I did anything about that.
>
> Now that the Starter is bug free again, I would like to get the look and feel synced. I just made an attempt on the master branch.
>
> As you know, I am very far from a web development guy. Is it possible for someone from the Eclipse Foundation to verify my changes before I actually put them out there? It would also be very helpful if they could issue any required fixes.
>
> Can you possibly help? Thanks.



--
Shabnam Mayel
Senior Product Marketing Manager, Cloud Native Java | Eclipse Foundation, Inc.
Twitter @MayelShabnam
Jakarta EE | Eclipse Foundation: The Platform for Open Innovation and Collaboration


--
Ivar Grimstad
Jakarta EE Developer Advocate | Eclipse Foundation Eclipse Foundation - Community. Code. Collaboration. 

_______________________________________________
starter-dev mailing list
starter-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
To unsubscribe from this list, visit https://dev.eclipse.org/mailman/listinfo/starter-dev

_______________________________________________
starter-dev mailing list
starter-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
To unsubscribe from this list, visit https://dev.eclipse.org/mailman/listinfo/starter-dev

Back to the top