Re: [starter-dev] A suggestion to add a button to quickly jump to the form

I am no UI expert by any stretch of the imagination, but I am honestly not sure about this one. I would like to hear what others think.

For one, I don’t think I’ve seen many forms that do this. For the other, I think users should actually review what is being generated, go through the options and then make a conscious choice to generate.

I have no doubt though that the UI could use some look and feel work. The truth of the matter is that neither I nor Bazlur are proficient in this area. Kito kindly agreed to take a look but he can’t get to it until the weekend unfortunately. Maybe Jeyvison or someone else at Liferay could help?

From: starter-dev <starter-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx> on behalf of Ondro Mihályi <mihalyi@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, March 30, 2023 9:12 AM
To: starter developer discussions <starter-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [starter-dev] A suggestion to add a button to quickly jump to the form

Hi,

I played with the 2.0 version of the UI and it felt a bit tedious to me to scroll down to the form to generate an application. The header of the Starter page takes a lot of space and getting to the form requires scrolling even on a big resolution.

Therefore I raised a PR to suggest a button at the top of the form to scroll to the form with a single click: https://github.com/eclipse-ee4j/starter/pull/241

Please have a look and let me know what you think by commenting on the PR. The PR contains a screenshot and a video. Maybe it's not the best solution but I think we should make it easier to jump directly to the form without scrolling.

Ondro