Re: [starter-dev] Starter 1.0.0 staged

Yes, go ahead with the gh pages. I will see if we can get some graphics created to go with it as well...

Ivar

On Wed, Mar 30, 2022, 13:44 <reza_rahman@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
This is very good news indeed. Does it make sense to go ahead and issue the GH pages changes PR? Of course it could be merged after the release if needed.

Also, I tried to bring up this topic on PRs, but perhaps it’s a better discussion here. In the README, I think it’s best to document the code branch to which the README belongs. I typically try to document the current release and some key past releases in the project website/GH pages instead. Note, I typically also link to the project page/GH page from all READMEs to reduce any possible confusion with regards to versions/branches Is this a sensible strategy to adopt or have we found some other documentation strategy that works better? Note, I think 1.1 will take some time as I think it’s best to add suppo

Reza Rahman

From: starter-dev <starter-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx> on behalf of Ivar Grimstad <ivar.grimstad@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, March 30, 2022 3:51 AM
To: starter developer discussions <starter-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [starter-dev] Starter 1.0.0 staged

Hi,

The 1.0.0 version of the starter is now staged at the Jakarta Staging Nexus.

Please try it out!

mvn archetype:generate -DarchetypeGroupId=org.eclipse.starter -DarchetypeArtifactId=jakarta-starter -DarchetypeVersion=1.0.0 -Pstaging

You will need to have the staging repository configured on your system, e.g in a staging profile as I have in the example above. Also, make sure to delete the starter from your local repository if you have built it yourself, so you are sure you are testing the right artifact.

In that case, add the following to your settings.xml file:

   <profiles>
          <profile>
            <id>staging</id>
            <activation>
                <activeByDefault>false</activeByDefault>
            </activation>
            <repositories>
                <repository>
                    <id>jakarta-nexus-staging</id>
                    <name>Sonatype Nexus Staging</name>
                    <url>https://jakarta.oss.sonatype.org/content/groups/staging/</url>
                    <releases>
                        <enabled>true</enabled>
                    </releases>
                    <snapshots>
                        <enabled>false</enabled>
                    </snapshots>
                </repository>
            </repositories>
          </profile>
      </profiles>

I have updated the README file in the release branch with the correct groupId and version. This will be merged into master when the release is done. So there is no need to update the README file in the master branch before that.

--

Ivar Grimstad

Jakarta EE Developer Advocate | Eclipse Foundation Eclipse Foundation - Community. Code. Collaboration.