[sphinx-dev] Model loading performance with large number of files

Hi All,

We have an ARTop based tool that uses Sphinx for workspace management. In case of large number of resources (>500) the forced proxy resolution in org.eclipse.sphinx.emf.workspace.loading.operations.AbstractLoadOperation#loadModelFilesInEditingDomain takes very long. As I understand resolving up front provides performance improvement for further operations at a cost of loading time (one time). However user experience would much better in our case if the load is quick, the user could begin work in the UI.

·         Would there be any side-effect to disable proxy resolution at load time (editors, refactor etc.)?

·         Is possible to implement an asynchronously force proxy resolution? Basically running forceProxyResolution in a scheduled way, in TransactionalEditingDomain#runExclusive section after the load completed. Should it be contained in a Job?

·         Any experience in other projects with huge number of files?

I asked around in other forums with no response, so any help is appreciated.

Thanks!

Regards,

Balazs

Balazs Varnai, Software Developer, Mentor [IESD]

balazs_varnai@xxxxxxxxxx  | office: 36 1 887 2017

www.mentor.com

Back to the top