[soc-dev] Gearing up for GSoC 2020

Hello all,

In preparation for this year’s Google Summer of Code we need your help!

Mentors: please take a few minutes to add your project ideas to the 2020 "Ideas" page. We are continuously improving the landing page with some more information for students. Please feel free to add or otherwise improve the information there.

We are in the process of putting the finishing touches on our application. We’ll let you know when and how to become an official mentor when we're ready to accept you.

Students: please be patient. We're not ready to official accept project proposals yet. The proper channel to officially pitch your project idea is via the GSoC system (please do not propose a new Eclipse open source project).

In the meantime, we have some pointers for how you can prepare now (e.g. find a "help wanted” bug)  on our main GSoC wiki page. Now is a great time to start building a connection with an Eclipse open source project team that you want to work with, and learn about our contribution process. You don't need to wait for the programme to start, contributions are always welcome.

Ask questions about the programme here (before you ask a "when" question, make sure that you've first consulted the GSoC timeline . Please make sure that you've at least tried to find an answer before asking here.

Thanks,

Maria Teresa Delgado
Open Source Community Manager | Eclipse Foundation, Inc.

Back to the top