[soc-dev] GSOC Project Status - Generating JSON Editors based on JSON Schema

Hello,

I am working on a new feature for Eclipse EMF Forms. You can find the details of my project on this page. I am working on creating a generic editor which allows users to create custom JSON editors based on JSON Schemata. I have been working on refactoring and improving the current generic editor.
 Based on this reusable tree component, I implemented a stand-alone UI Schema Editor application to generate a UI Schema that can be consumed by JSON Forms to describe layout and controls of a form. The application is also integrated into the Eclipse Theia IDE as a custom Theia extension so that users can open a given UI Model Schema with the UI Schema Editor. Since the generic editor supports various JSON schemata, as a proof of concept a second application was implemented as a Theia extension based on a different JSON schema.  Future works include improving Theia extension, making the generic editor more customizable and implementing custom functionalities for the UI Schema Editor application. The current state is beating our predicted schedule and I believe we are well on track.

Best regards,
Ahmet Tanakol

Back to the top