[soa-pmc] Request assistance for score

Discussion regarding score

https://projects.eclipse.org/projects/soa.score

Dear soa PMC Members,

Thanks for assistance in setting up score as a project in Eclipse Foundation.

score Initial Contribution is donated by HP Software employees.

Prior to our code contribution, we would like to make sure we fully comply with all the guidelines

and legal obligations that apply for our project – by both HP Software and Eclipse Foundation.

Here are the topics we wish to discuss:

1.      score Trademark ownership

score is a part of an existing HP Software product, but was not publically used by anyone outside Eclipse Foundation yet.

·        Should the Trademark Transfer Agreement be signed? If so – who is authorized (as far as EF can say) to sign it by the name of “HP Software”?

·        Will that agreement also cover logo images? (agreement seems to refer to TM and domain names only)

2.      Mentioning score in HP Software’s publications

Which rules are apply when mentioning / referring to score as an Eclipse Foundation open source project – in HP Software publications?

3.      EPL v1.0 was not approved yet by HP Software

HP Software has a process for approving code to be contributed as an Open Source project.

This process was initially launched with the request to approve Apache v2.0 license.

Later on (following the progress we made with Eclipse Foundation), we have added the request to include EPL v1.0 as well.

This process was not completed yet, so at the moment we only have approval for Apache 2.0, and approval for EPL 1.0 is pending.

·        Is it possible to temporarily use Apache 2.0 only?

·        If not – could we delay our code contribution until we receive our final approval?

4.      Copyright HP Software

We would like to keep a copyright notice for HP Software – for all the code included in the initial contribution.

Does that comply with Eclipse Foundation licenses and guidelines?

5.      Released artifacts group ID

·        Must we change group ID to org.eclipse?

·        Can we use com.hp.score?

6.      Using HP’s logo in project content – inside Eclipse Foundation

What rules apply when we use HP Software’s name / logo inside Eclipse Foundation project pages?

We can see for example in BIRT, that ACTUATE logo is present.

Could we use HP Software’s logo the same way?

Although we are not sure if this is acceptable or not, we would be happy to set up a conference call

to discuss all of these issues. We can make ourselves available throughout this week.

Best regards,

Harar Zafrir

Back to the top