|Re: [soa-pmc] Exception Process for Stardust in Kepler SR1|
any other votes? This is critical to us.
+1, especially as no other project is affected.
Am 16.08.2013 um 10:28 schrieb Marc.Gille@xxxxxxxxxxx:
we need to file for an exception process regarding Stardust in Kepler SR1:
The Stardust version we intend to release with Kepler SR1 will be a feature release. For a feature release we were supposed to release and have a review 1 month in advance before SR1 RC1. Otherwise an exception process has to be initiated (http://wiki.eclipse.org/SimRel/Simultaneous_Release_Requirements#Planning_Council_Exception_Process).
I am sending this to the SOA PMC and will submit to the Planning Council after to get approval regarding the above.
· Most of the added functionality was already in the Stardust 1.0 code base we released with Kepler (e.g. the BPMN2 metamodel support). It was just not exposed as APIs or in the UI.
· Other functionality (e.g. the Apache Camel integration) was part of the original SunGard codebase, but was not checked in because of pending CQs for required third-party libraries.
· No other Eclipse project and especially no functionality in other projects releasing with SR1 will be affected.
· The community and other projects will benefit from the enhancements (e.g. Mangrove and BPMN2 Editor from the BPMN2 enhancements or the proposed Winery project from general enhancements in the Browser Modeler).
We would be aiming at the following schedule:
· RC1 + 3 (21.08.) Contribute all new features
· RC2 + 3 (04.09.) Contribute some cleanup work in portal area + late fixes
We are confident after communication with Eclipse Legal that all of our pending CQs for third party libraries will be resolved by then.
Kindly provide your +1 for this.
Dr. Marc Gille * Senior Vice President, Product Management, Infinity * Global Business Services and Technology * SunGard * 340 Madison Ave, 7th Floor, New York, NY 10173 * Phone +1 646 445 1294 * Mobile +1 347 414 4529 *marc.gille@xxxxxxxxxxx * www.sungard.com * Twitter @marcgille
Join the online conversation with SunGard’s customers, partners and industry experts and find an event near you at: www.sungard.com/ten.
CONFIDENTIALITY: This e-mail (including any attachments) may contain confidential, proprietary and privileged information, and unauthorized disclosure or use is prohibited. If you receive this e-mail in error, please notify the sender and delete this e-mail from your system.
Back to the top