[servlet-dev] EE10 TCK cookie test question

Hi,

In the TCK cookie TestServlet, the getDomainTest() looks for a cookie "$Domain".

https://github.com/eclipse-ee4j/jakartaee-tck/blob/master/src/com/sun/ts/tests/servlet/api/jakarta_servlet_http/cookie/TestServlet.java#L196

The comment in that class is confusing.

// RFC 6265 treats the domain attribute of an RFC 2109 cookie as a separate
// cookie

Why do we want to turn an attribute into a new and separate cookie?

How do we suppose to associate a Domain attribute to a request's Cookie if the $Domain now turning into a separate cookie?

Same goes for the getPathTest().

Also, both of these tests refer to getDomain() and getPath() respectively in their log statements;

Are these tests supposed to verify the getDomain() and getPath() that sent via the request's Cookie?

Thanks,

Phu Dinh

Back to the top