Re: [servlet-dev] Removing restrictions on direct commits

I kind of like having it, as we should very rarely be in a situation where a PR must be committed ASAP.
If a PR really needs to be committed ASAP, then I think project admins have the power to override on a case by case basis anyway.

As a committer to many projects, I have often self determined that my changes were ready to be committed... only to be surprised by some silly omission, accidental inclusion or plain stupid mistake.      We are all fallible and even if not, then does the extra few hours required to wait for a review really hurt?

cheers

P.S. If you do turn it off, I'm still going to pester others for review of any of my PRs, as I for one have broken too many builds to have any delusions of infallibility.