[servlet-dev] Modernising the Servlet TCK

Hi Everyone,

I have been thinking a bit about the TCK and how we will deal with it long term.

One (possibly impractical) idea I have had is to split the Servlet part out of the main CTS suite, and modernise it to use Arquillian/JUnit.

Basically this would involve:
- Create our own servlet-tck repo
- Add just the Servlet tests, and the required support classes
- Mavenise the build
- Write some kind of script to automatically migrate the tests to JUnit/Arquillian
- Lots of tests/experimenting to get the whole process right

This may end up not being practical, it may just be too hard or require more time than we have available, but if there is interest in this approach then I can potentially start to look at what is involved. I assume we would also need permission from the Steering Committee but I don't think this would be a problem (also if we can do this in a mostly scripted manner the work could be re-used by other specs that want to do the same thing).

Stuart

Back to the top