Re: [servlet-dev] Spec section 4.2 - what does it mean?

I think it is trying to specify behaviour when you deploy servlets outside of the specification. Ie is kind of pointless.

Now there may indeed be a need for standards around deploying singleton servlets as in a web function kind of thing.... But this text is not it and does it belong in this spec IMO.

This spec is only about standard webapps and everything else is outside of the scope.

Cheers