Re: [servlet-dev] [ee4j-pmc] Request for approval for the Eclipse Project for Servlet 4.0.2 release.

Moving the PMC to bcc.

On 12/07/2018 13:53, Dmitry Kornilov wrote> You are right, Mark. The process is new for us and I think we should forgive Vinay for not asking Servlet project community before adding the release.

+1

This is why I added Will and Stuart to this thread. If you think it needs additional discussion, lets move this topic to servlet-dev mailing list.

I do think some discussion would be helpful.

Over in WebSocket we've pretty much completed a pass through the open issues fixing the typos / copy paste errors / dead code etc. that can be fixed without changing the API or the expected behaviour with the expectation that these clean-ups will be included in the Java EE 8 equivalent first release.

I admit I haven't looked through the open Servlet issues yet but my expectation is that there will be a few similar issues that we could fix pretty quickly for Servlet before this 4.0.2 release.

I was waiting for the review of the initial import to complete before looking through the issues. I'll try start looking through them today.

A separate question is where the 4.0.2 version number came from. As far as I am aware there was only a final release of Servlet 4 which I assume is going to be treated as 4.0.0. Shouldn't that make this release 4.0.1?

Mark

— Dmitry