Re: [sequoyah-android-dev] trouble with last step of step-by-step guide

Hi,

The guide is essentially the same as the less well explained version...what we need is something updated to r7.

Also, it would be nice to have an explanation of more items, like what happens when we use Android Tools | Add Native support.

As you all can see, I'm a beginner when it comes to the NDK.

I'm a Java expert, a C expert, a Linux expert, even a Maemo expert, and an Android expert, just not a CDT, gdbserver or NDK expert yet.

This will come in time. For now, I have to debug some combined Java-C Android code, and when it turns to native, Eclipse stops its wonders.

I really need to get this rolling...now. Anyone in the Bay Area? I'll come to wherever you are around here...we could even become good friends :-)

My System Software Engineering buddies are still using vi and the command-line, and debugging with printf. If I can show them how to do cross-language debugging on Android, on top of a new 27 inch monitor :-), that ought to convince them to switch to Eclipse...and it will make me feel like I am in full control of my software...short of having the debug version and symbols for the Android platform :-)

Best Regards,
Philippe Laporte