Re: [science-iwg] Checking in?

Triquetrum did a release in part because we have a user!  Woot!

I have serious doubts about the long term maintainability about the Eclipse ecosystem, backward compatibility seems to not be a priority, especially in EMF.  I'm not sure this is very important, but it does mean that Triquetrum is suffering from bit rot and will eventually be retired.  No big deal, RIP.

Edward Lee has been working on Lingua-Franca, which uses XText, so I've been helping a little with that.

https://github.com/icyphy/lingua-franca/wiki/Overview says:

Lingua Franca (LF) is a polyglot metalanguage for the definition and composition of reactors, which are stateful reactive components coordinated deterministically under a discrete-event semantics. Reactors have ports, and their functionality is defined in terms of reactions, which may be sensitive to events observable on input ports and may produce events on output ports. Reactors are composed by drawing connections between ports, and thus chaining reactions. In LF, the body of a reaction is written in pure target code that references a runtime library responsible for coordinating the ensemble.

Outside of Eclipse, I've been working on hardware for a facial detection robot called the Predator Arm for Survival Research Laboratories (https://srl.org).  The idea is that the robot arm will track a face and eventually punch at it.  Fortunately, there will be 3/4" of Lexan in the way.

There is video at

https://www.instagram.com/p/CFs5BFrBm2L/?utm_source=ig_embed&utm_campaign=embed_video_watch_again

_Christopher