Re: [science-iwg] Project Tango for Science and Data Visualization

Well I thought tango was this in the scientific software area:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TANGO

From: UOMo [mailto:uomo@xxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: 10 June 2014 19:01
To: science-iwg@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [science-iwg] Project Tango for Science and Data Visualization

Hi,

I guess it's too early to consider anybody able to get their hands on that (unless Google was to bring it to ECF for one of  their sessions, but I guess they reserve that to I/O for now) but

it looks like Google Project Tango https://www.google.com/atap/projecttango/#project has quite some potential especially around (Data) Visualization and similar use cases.

It's often CSI "FX Magic" to walk through a patient's or victim's body, but what the glimpse of Project Tango shows us so far, that could be available to a slightly broader public with a much smaller budget, soon, too.

I don't own a Google Glass pair myself, but a leader of the NY JUG kindly helped us develop Heart-of-Glass and optimize visualization of the remote Heart Monitor to his Google Glass, so in a scenario where a doctor (or even patient themsselves) wanted to see the heart rate while running on a tread mill, strapped to a Polar or other Heart sensor:

At least the mocked-up version is something we're happy to discuss at the Science WG Meeting next week.

See some of  you there,

Werner

Back to the top